The Maintenance Department is responsible for the effective running of all plant, equipment and buildings through regular maintenance programmes in order to minimise the impact of breakdowns to customer delivery.
The Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician will ensure this by implementing and developing Mechanical and Electrical reliability based maintenance techniques for all equipment, and through the effective use of Suppliers, Contractors and 3rd Party Service Providers.
• Effective fault-finding of Mechanical and Electrical systems.
• Effective fault-finding of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
• Effective fault-finding of machine control systems, including machine safety systems.
• PLC fault-finding and programming.
• Planned and predictive maintenance techniques.
• General maintenance of mechanical machinery and plant.
• Sound knowledge of H&S at Work regulations.
• Detailed understanding of mechanical, electrical and schematic drawings.
• A background in volume manufacturing.
• Deliver a fast and robust breakdown response through effective fault-finding techniques in order to ensure all equipment runs reliably with no faults forward.
• Carry out detailed root-cause analysis and Machine FMEA work where appropriate to minimise serious faults reoccurring.
• Ensure implementation of all corrective actions and countermeasures that arise from Machine FMEA activity.
• Install and commission of new plant and machinery as required.
• De-commission and relocate existing plant and machinery as required.
• Contribute subject matter expertise to the development of new and existing machines and processes.
• Work closely with all functional links in a professional, polite and efficient manner.
• Ensure the generation and maintenance of all relevant documentation.
• Ensure the maintenance of appropriate housekeeping standards for all work areas.
• Provide guidance and training to other employees where appropriate.
• Ensure the effective use of all spares and maintenance of stock levels at appropriate levels.
• Ensure the Maintenance ticketing system is kept up to date with concise information.
• Liaise with external contractors for support and assistance on maintenance repairs
• Assist with site facility tasks
• Work with the CIP team for relevant site improvements.
• Assist with the Manufacturing Engineering team with industrialisation of new production cells.
• Ensure all tasks done abide to Eminox H&S rules and highlight any areas of concern.
• Upkeep of the maintenance shed, including ensuring relevant inventory levels and critical spares.
Understanding and adherence to the following:
• H&S policy and procedures
• Eminox business quality standard (IATF & ISO 9001)
• Eminox Business Excellence Model (Oliver Wight Class A Standard)
• All group and Eminox policies and procedures
And in addition:
• Understand risk management in the context of IATF as applies to this role
• Demonstrate and uphold the company values
• Demonstrate a pro-activeness towards personal development