The Supply Chain Team is responsible for end to end demand management, from point of order placement to point of despatch. Included within this is the Purchasing department with responsibility for ensuring that all parts and material are available to satisfy the agreed plan.
This role will report directly to the Head of Supply Chain and be responsible for providing an effective MRP driven scheduling support, the role is to ensure part availability as required by the demand and supply plans.
• A good level of Education. Minimum of 5 GCSE’s with English and Maths
• Computer Literate in Microsoft Office and Outlook
• High degree of numeracy and attention to detail is essential
• Ability to prepare, issue, evaluate a large volume of data
• Able to work confidently as part of a team
• Able to liaise and communicate at all levels both inside and outside the business.
• Excellent organisational skills
• Methodical structured and tidy
• Valid Clean Driving Licence
• Understand the key drivers of MRP demand signals and ensure parts availability in time
• Maintenance and Expediting and scheduling of orders as necessary in line with the MRP demand
• Ensure a high level of data accuracy in Purchase Order release (supplier data/pricing/Lead-Time)
• Identification and ensuring the correction of static data, BOM and Route errors creating any inconsistency in MRP messaging with the appropriate process owner
• Take responsibility for inventory planning and opportunities
• Assist in preparing and conducting benchmarking exercises
• Implement and maintain MRP scheduling KPI as defined as part of the annual goal setting agreement
• Assist in the setting up of new suppliers as requested by the Commodity Buyers
• The maintenance of Supplier Part Costs in IFS
• To develop a professional Materials service to the business through experience and training
• Addressing Invoice queries due to booking in and prices queries where necessary
• Support opportunities for alternative supply plans including ideas generation