Eminox designs and manufactures exhaust after-treatment systems, reducing emissions from heavy-duty vehicles and equipment. Our products are supplied as original equipment to meet the latest emissions standards. We also produce complete emissions systems for retrofit to meet the ever-changing demands of local air quality programmes such as London’s Ultra Low Emission Zone and Clean Air Zones across the country. Eminox also supply replacement products to the UK and European independent Aftermarket.
The Eminox Aftersales department is responsible for providing Service and aftersales support, to an ever expanding Retrofit product customer base within the UK.
This is a customer facing role. You will be a leading role in the development of service and aftersales procedures and documentations. Become an expert in the product and train others. This will include producing and maintaining the technical side of maintenance manuals and technical bulletins. The role will involve collating data on warranty failures to help and protect the company on warranty liability. You will manage data from our telemetry services provider and help develop reporting systems. You will work closely with Engineering in developing future telemetry systems and capabilities. You will work with other team members and departments to help document and improve processes within the business and reduce none value added processes. With a strong IT background, you will be able to identify systems, procedures and technology advancements and opportunities to drive continuous improvement within the business.
You will assist with the department in ensuring parts are despatched in order to improve deliveries and work within IFS to improve department reporting. You will be required to lead campaign work, to ensure the customer quality expectations are maintained.
• Excellent customer frontline communications skills
• Demonstrable automotive engineering knowledge
• Understanding / working knowledge of OBD and CAN bus systems
• Organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks on a daily basis
• Attention to detail and ability to process map
• Demonstrable problem-solving skills
• Confident professional manner and ability to deal with customers
• Confidence in dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers
• Able to work on root cause identification of warranty failures
• Expert Microsoft office
• Broad IT knowledge
• Creative and innovative with ability to challenge convention and ideas
• Experience in working with a service module (IFS)
• Self-driven and ability to manage your own workload
• Experience in dealing with warranty claims
• Administrations skills, raising requisitions, orders, invoices.
• Check historical faults on vehicles.
• Understanding of engineering drawings and BOMs, technical instructions
• Assimilate large quantities of engineering data and present and formulate opinions
• Driving license
• Ability to introduce new methods and ideas ensuring a continuous improvement ethos
• Demonstrates attention to detail through all stages of processes
• Can work and communicate effectively with others
• Understands and delivers customer requirements
• Demonstrates integrity by doing the right thing all the time
• Demonstrates energy and determination
• Takes accountability and responsibility
• Values others and common courtesy
• Holds a completer finisher mentality
• Recognises the value of teamwork
• Oversee the implementation of the service plans in alignment with the business system
• Maximise profit from the efficient delivery of the service
• Produce a strategy and implement an annual service in line with service and R&M Contracts
• Answering customer concerns, assessing and resolving queries received from internal and external customers. This may include site visits when necessary. Where these cannot be resolved, they should be escalated to the Head of Retrofit Applications and Installations
• Management of the department tool inventory
• Resolve warranty issues/work in a timely manner
• Manage warranty risks by developing data analysis processes that identify root cause
• Arrange appropriate works order coverage for visiting underperforming systems.
• Developing procedures to create KPI’s for monitoring VOR performance
• Provide training to operators, delegate and oversea where necessary
• Work with engineering in creating and updating fault tree/root cause diagnosis
• Analysing and post processing telematics data when required
• Work with engineering to develop tools to improve ease of reporting on telemetry monitored products
• Lead CI activities to improve department and business efficiencies
• Able to identify parts from variable communications and support customers in their understanding of aftertreatment systems
• Check historical faults on vehicles
• Collate information as required on failure rates parts sold hours etc
• Support Retrofit projects and applications as and when required.
• Update and issue monthly progress reports
• Management of the department’s Health and Safety obligations
• Any other duties assigned in line with scope of role
Understanding and adherence to the following:
• H&S policy and procedures (made available through Induction/X Drive/H&S Department)
• Eminox business quality standard (IATF & ISO 9001) (Induction/Manager/Quality department)
• Eminox Business Excellence Model (Oliver Wight Class A Standard) (Induction/Manager/Quality department)
• All group and Eminox policies and procedures (Available through Induction/SharePoint/HR Department)
And in addition:
• Understand risk management in the context of IATF as applies to this role
• Demonstrate and uphold the company values
• Demonstrate a pro-activeness towards personal development